Join us for an Open House!
THE GNWT IS HOSTING OPEN HOUSE EVENTS IN REGIONAL CENTRES ON DECEMBER 22.
Before you head out to catch up with your friends swing by the GNWT Open House geared towards assisting youth on their quest for summer employment and beyond. Human resource professionals will be available to review resumes and offer tips and feedback to strengthen your application for employment. We would also like to speak to you about our Summer Student Employment Program, the benefits of the Graduate Internship Program, as well as general information on employment with the GNWT. There will also be departmental representatives on hand to discuss various GNWT careers, programs, services and initiatives.
If you are unable to make it please contact your Human Resource Service Centre to meet with a Human Resource Representative.
COME SEE US ON DECEMBER 22, 2014 FROM 12-4PM AT THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS:
Yellowknife – YK Centre Basement (across from Gourmet Cup)
Fort Simpson – Deh Cho Human Resource Service Centre, 9602-100 Street
Fort Smith – Fort Smith Human Resource Service Centre, 83 Breynat Street
Hay River – Hay River Human Resource Service Centre, #209, 62 Woodland Drive
Inuvik – Inuvik Human Resource Service Centre, 66 Franklin Manor
Norman Wells – Sahtu Human Resource Service Centre, #2 McKenzie Drive
Behchoko – Tlicho Human Resource Service Centre, Nishi Khon Building, 2nd Floor
The GNWT supports northern post-secondary students in their pursuit of a higher education by offering a summer work opportunity. Students gain valuable work experience to enhance their employment prospects upon graduation.
You must be a current resident of the Northwest Territories and meet ONE of the following criteria:
- Are completing a semester of full time studies at a post-secondary institution within the four months prior to applying under this program.
- Are being accepted to attend full time post-secondary studies at the start of the fall 2015 semester.
How to Apply
- Submit your cover letter, and a current copy of your resume through the Summer Student Employment Program posting listed on our Current Openings (available December 1 to August 15)
- You will be required to provide proof of registration in a post-secondary institution.
- You will be contacted by a hiring department if a potential match is found.
Helpful Hints for your Application
In order for your application to be considered, your cover letter and resume MUST INCLUDE the following information.
- Your field of study (Education), type of certification (Diploma/Degree) and the number of years you have completed in your program.
- Your updated contact information including your email address, phone number and address at school AND your permanent NORTHERN residence.
- Your home community and the communities you are willing to work in for the summer.
- Your affirmative action status, if applicable.