The GNWT supports northern post-secondary students in their pursuit of a higher education by offering a summer work opportunity. Students gain valuable work experience to enhance their employment prospects upon graduation.
You must be a current resident of the Northwest Territories and meet ONE of the following criteria:
- Are completing a semester of full time studies at a post-secondary institution within the four months prior to applying under this program.
- Are being accepted to attend full time post-secondary studies at the start of the fall 2016 semester.
How to Apply
- Submit your cover letter, and a current copy of your resume through the Summer Student Employment Program posting listed on our Current Openings (available December 1 to August 15)
- You will be required to provide proof of registration in a post-secondary institution.
- You will be contacted by a hiring department if a potential match is found.
Helpful Hints for your Application
In order for your application to be considered, your cover letter and resume MUST INCLUDE the following information.
- Your field of study (Education), type of certification (Diploma/Degree) and the number of years you have completed in your program.
- Your updated contact information including your email address, phone number and address at school AND your permanent NORTHERN residence.
- Your home community and the communities you are willing to work in for the summer.
- Your affirmative action status, if applicable.