The Internship Program aims to provide northern graduates with work experience in areas related to their field of study.
Beyond the valuable work experience gained during an Internship, the GNWT offers a competitive salary, benefits and excellent opportunities for career growth and advancement.
Are you a recent graduate looking to gain valuable work experience with the Government of the Northwest Territories?
Intern placements are available to Northern graduates. A northern graduate is an individual who has graduated with a diploma or degree from a designated post-secondary institution within a 24 month period prior to applying to the Internship Program or will complete all academic requirements for his/her program within 6 months of applying to the Internship Program and falls within one of the following designated groups:
· Is an Indigenous Aboriginal Persons
· Is an Indigenous Non-Aboriginal Persons
· Is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident; and is considered “Ordinarily Resident” for at least 3 years immediately prior to the start of his/her program with a designated post-secondary institution.
For definitions please refer to the Appendix in the Internship Program Guidelines.
If you meet the program eligibility and are interested in an internship please apply online at gnwtjobs.ca
Following your application an email will be sent to you indicating that you have been registered in the Internship Program. Your application will remain on file for 2 years from the date you complete your post-secondary program.
Once registered to the Internship program you can now apply on internship job postings. Beginning December 15th, Intern job postings will be listed on the GNWT careers website. Please note that your application to any intern job posting will only be accepted if you are registered to the Internship Program.
If you graduated with a degree or diploma in education, social work or nursing please see:
· Before you can start employment (i.e. sign a job offer), you must provide confirmation from the educational institution that you have completed the course work necessary for your diploma/degree.
· You are responsible for ensuring your contact information is up-to-date.