Term Finance & Administration Officer
Closing date: May 25, 2018
Location: Norman Wells
Department: NTHSSA SA Finance
Job Code: 15539
Salary: $81,705 - $95,102
Job Description: View full job description
About the Job
This job opening is limited to residents living within the Sahtu Region.
The Territorial Health and Social Services Authority (THSSA) works under the direction of the Minister of Health and Social Services, in partnership with the Deputy Minister, Health and Social Services and the Health and Social Services regions, to support the health and wellbeing of people across the Northwest Territories through planning, development, deliver, evaluation and reporting on program and service delivery.
THSSA is committed to the development and provision of quality services in such a way as to make the best use of public resources, ensure the sustainability of the system, focus on client safety and best practices and promote positive health and social outcomes. THSSA strives to continually improve the health and social service system to ensure best health, best care, and a better future for the people of the NWT.
Our mission is to work with people to optimize wellbeing through the provision of collaborative and culturally appropriate health and social services.
This position is located the office in Wells reports directly to Director, Finance& Administration. Finance Officer assists monitoring and maintaining financial transactions related to the Sahtu Region annual operating budget excess of $17,000,000 approximately 100 employees located in five communities in the Sahtu Region. Also included are contracts and contributions to non-government organizations. The budgets are flexible and subject to yearly changes.
The work done by the Finance & Administration Officer contributes to the ability of senior management to effectively manage and deliver the programs and services. The position assists the Director, Finance & the Sahtu Region.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• The incumbent will have knowledge of GAAP, accounting and auditing theory, accounting spreadsheet, database, word processing, and communication software.
• The incumbent will have knowledge of computerized financial information systems and control.
• The incumbent will function in a highly computerized environment with the ability to apply accounting theories and principles. This will include identifying internal control problems, designing and recommending internal financial and statistical controls
• Ability to use complex database tools for the design of ad hoc reports.
• The responsibilities of the position require verbal and written communication skills, good organization skills, effective time management skills, and problem solving skills.
• Ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
• Ability to communicate effectively with management and staff.
• The incumbent must have the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
• Ability to understand, interpret, analyze work with formal agreements and complex contractual arrangements. Understand, interpret and implement the Goods and Service Tax.
Typically, the above qualifications would be attained by:
The foregoing are required to perform the accounting and office administration functions of this position and would most commonly be acquired by the completion of 3rd level of a professional accounting designation program, and three years of related experience in a computerized accounting environment involving work with spreadsheets, database, word processing and communications software.
This job opening is for a Term to July 05, 2019.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
The salary for this position starts at $40.85 per hour (approximately $79,657.50. per annum) plus an annual Northern Allowance.
Eligibility lists may be created from this competition to fill future term and indeterminate positions.
Criminal Records Check
Candidates must provide a satisfactory criminal record check. Failure to provide a satisfactory check may deem you disqualified from the competition.
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is an inclusive workplace. If you have a disability and you require support during the hiring process, you are encouraged to identify your needs if you are contacted for an assignment or interview so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Job Opening Information
Job Opening ID # 15539 Closing Date: May 25, 2018 - 23:59, Mountain Standard Time.
Sahtu HR Client Service Centre
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
#2 McKenzie Drive
NORMAN WELLS, NT X0E 0V0
Ph. (867) 587-7150
Fax (867) 587-2173