Junior High Math Science Teacher
Closing date: Mar 19, 2018
Department: Beaufort Delta DEC
Job Code: 15230
Wage: See "Salary Information" below.
About the Job
The Beaufort Delta Education Council actively promotes:
- Awareness of and sensitivity to cultural diversity and heritage
- Use of data to make informed decisions to improve student success and achievement
- Integration of computer based learning technology into the classrooms
- Outcome based instruction and assessment
- Sustained commitment to Literacy and Numeracy
- Working creatively and collaboratively with a variety of partners in education
- Strong communication, interpersonal and team building skills
Candidates must have or be completing a Bachelor of Education Degree and be eligible for a Northwest Territories Teaching Certificate.
The following criteria will be important considerations in the hiring process:
- Strong background in teaching in the core subject areas of Math and Science curriculum
- Recent teaching experience
- Excellent classroom management skills
- Knowledge of, or commitment to become knowledgeable of the prescribed NWT Curricula and related areas
- Experience using data to inform instructional decisions
- Training in Literacy and Numeracy
- Experience in multi-grade classrooms using Differentiated Instruction
- Understanding of and experience in the integration of technology into classroom instruction
This job opening is for a term to June 27, 2019
The successful candidate will be required to obtain proof of current up-to-date immunization status.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
The salary for this position starts at $79,386 per annum plus an annual Northern Allowance.
Criminal Records Check
Candidates must provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector check if they are contacted for an interview. Failure to provide a satisfactory check may deem you disqualified from the competition.
Eligibility lists may be created from this competition to fill future term and indeterminate positions.
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is an inclusive workplace. If you have a disability and you require support during the hiring process, you are encouraged to identify your needs if you are contacted for an assignment or interview so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Job Opening Information
Job Opening ID # 15230
Closing Date: March 19, 2018 - 23:59, Mountain Standard Time
Inuvik HR Client Service Centre
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
1 Floor, Alex Moses Greenland Building | Édifice Alex Moses Greenland, rez-de-chaussée
105 Veteran's Way | 105 chemin Veterans
INUVIK, NT X0E 0T0
Ph. (867) 678-6600
Fax (867) 678-6620