Grade 4 Teacher - East Three Elementary
Open until filled
Department: Beaufort Delta DEC
Job Code: 15212
Wage: See "Salary Information" below.
About the Job
The Beaufort Delta Education Council actively promotes:
- Awareness of and sensitivity to cultural diversity and heritage
- Integration of computer based learning technology into the classrooms
- Outcome based instruction and assessment
- Sustained commitment to Literacy and Numeracy
- Working creatively and collaboratively with a variety of partners in education
- Strong communication, interpersonal and team building skills
Typically these knowledge, skills and abilities would be acquired by completion of a Bachelor of Education Degree in primary elementary and eligibility for a
Northwest Territories Teaching Certificate.
The following criteria will be important considerations in the hiring process:
- Strong background in Elementary Education and teaching in the core subject areas of English Language Arts, Math and Science
- Recent teaching experience
- Excellent classroom management skills
- Knowledge of, or commitment to become knowledgeable of the prescribed NWT
- Curricula in Language Arts and related areas
- Experience using data to inform instructional decisions
- Training in Literacy and Numeracy
- Experience in multi-grade classrooms using Differentiated Instruction
- Understanding of and experience in the integration of technology into classroom instruction
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Criminal Records Check
Candidates must provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector check if they are contacted for an interview. Failure to provide a satisfactory check may deem you disqualified from the competition.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is a workplace that is open to all Northerners. If you currently have a disability and if you require accomodation you are encouraged to identify your needs so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Job Opening Information
Job Opening ID #15212 or Ref#: BDEC-2017-87
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Beaufort Delta Education Council
Bag Service #12
INUVIK, NT X0E 0T0
Salary is pro-rated dependent on verified education and experience (ranging from $78,600-$126,897.00 per annum) plus and annual Northern Allowance based on the NWTTA Collective Agreement.
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
This job opening is a term to June 29, 2018