School Principals And Administration - Term 2018-2019
Open until filled
Department: Beaufort Delta DEC
Job Code: 15208
Wage: See "Salary Information" below.
About the Job
The Beaufort Delta Education Council actively promotes:
- Awareness of and sensitivity to cultural diversity and heritage
- Use of data to inform decisions to improve student success and achievement
- Integration of computer based learning technology into the classrooms
- Outcome based instruction and assessment
- Sustained commitment to Literacy and Numeracy
- Working creatively and collaboratively with a variety of partners in education
- Strong communication, interpersonal and team building skills
Candidates must have a Bachelor of Education Degree and be eligible for a
Northwest Territories Teaching Certificate. A Master of Education Degree is
The following criteria will be important considerations in the hiring process:
- Administrative experience
- Strong understanding of high school programming
- Proven ability to promote culture-based learning throughout subjects
- Experience teaching in a northern community
- Proven ability to motivate staff and collaborate with others
- Knowledge of, or willingness to become familiar with, the prescribed NWT Curricula
- Experience using data to inform instructional and administrative decisions
- Experience providing instructional leadership to promote student learning
- Training in Differentiated Instruction
- Training or experience in the area of integrating computers into the classroom
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Criminal Records Check
Candidates must provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector check if they are contacted for an interview. Failure to provide a satisfactory check may deem you disqualified from the competition.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is a workplace that is open to all Northerners. If you currently have a disability and if you require accommodation you are encouraged to identify your needs so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Job Opening Information
Job Opening ID # 15208 or Ref #BDEC-2018-03
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Beaufort-Delta Education Council
Bag Service #12
INUVIK, NT X0E 0T0
Salary is pro-rated dependent on verified education and experience (ranging from &78,600 - 126,897.00 per annum) plus an annual Northern Allowance based on the NWTTA Collective Agreement.
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
This job opening is for 2018-2019 School Year.