Teacher Full Time Grades JK-12
Open until filled
Location: Fort McPherson
Department: Beaufort Delta DEC
Job Code: 14989
Wage: See "Salary Information" below.
About the Job
The Beaufort-Delta Education Council actively promotes:
- Awareness of and sensitivity to cultural diversity and heritage
- Use of data to inform decisions ti improve student success and achievement
- Integration of computer based learning technology into classrooms
- Outcome based instruction and assessment
- Sustained commitment to Literacy and Numeracy
- Working creatively and collaboratively with a variety of partners in education
- Strong communication, interpersonal and team building skills
Typically these knowledge, skills and abilities would be acquired by completion of a Teacher Education Program Diploma or a Bachelor of Education Degree and eligibility for a Northwest Territories Teaching Certificate.
The following criteria will be important considerations in the hiring process:
- Strong background in Elementary Education and teaching in the core subject areas of English, Language Arts, Math and Science
- Recent teaching experience in a JK-12 environment
- Excellent classroom management skills
- Knowledge of, or commitment to become knowledgeable of the prescribed NWT Curricula in Language Arts and related areas
- Experience using data to inform instructional decisions
- Training in Literacy and Numeracy
- Experience in multi-grade classrooms using Differentiated instruction
- Understanding of and experience in the integration of technology into classroom instruction
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Criminal Records Check
Candidates must provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector check if they are contacted for an interview. Failure to provide a satisfactory check may deem you disqualified from the competition.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is a workplace that is open to all Northerners. If you currently have a disability and if you require accommodation you are encouraged to identify your needs so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Job Opening Information
Job Opening ID # 14989 or BDEC-2017-86
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Beaufort Delta Education Council
Bag Service #12 INUVIK, NT X0E 0T0
Ph. (867) 777-7136
Salary is pro-rated dependent on verified education and experience (ranging from $78,600-$126,897.00 per annum) plus and annual Northern Allowance based on the NWTTA Collective Agreement.
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.