Coordinator, Career Development and Training
Closing date: Dec 13, 2017
Department: ECE Career Dev & Training
Job Code: 14927
Salary: $91,358 - $109,064
Job Description: View full job description
About the Job
The Department of Education, Culture and Employment (ECE) provides the residents of the Northwest Territories with access to quality programs, services and support to assist them in making informed and productive choices for themselves and their families with regard to education, training, careers, employment and labour, child development, languages, culture and heritage.
The Coordinator, Career Development and Training is based in Yellowknife and reports to the Manager, Labour Market Programs.
The Coordinator develops and modifies labour market tools, strategies, and programs and provides guidance to Regional ECE Service Centres and third party service providers in the delivery of career and employment development programs
The incumbent monitors program results to ensure effective implementation of Federal funding available for career and employment development and provides support and revisions where improvements can be made.
The Coordinator works within the Labour Market Programs unit that is responsible for a territorial budget of $1.1M, as well as labour market agreements and third party funds of $7.2M.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Employment Insurance Act
- Expertise with Federal labour market-related contribution agreements.
- Familiarity with the Federal Government departments (Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) that provide contribution agreements.
- Broad knowledge of program planning, development and evaluation.
- Knowledge of Regional, Territorial, National and Global labour market initiatives.
- Superior knowledge of career development systems and Government client services.
- Superior knowledge of career development practices, strategies and ethics.
- Understanding of GNWT policy and procedure mechanisms and related labour market and employment legislation.
- Familiarity with economic development and challenges in the NWT.
- Knowledge of adult education principle with cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Analytical ability to interpret legislation and contribution agreements and assess the impact on GNWT policies or services.
- Demonstrated group facilitation and training skills.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment.
- Research, program development and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use computer applications such as Microsoft Office suite and internet.
- Tact and Diplomacy
- Demonstrated competence in communicating clearly to third party agencies.
- Able to work with diverse personalities, cultures and interests.
Typically, the above qualifications would be attained by:
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Adult Education or Social Sciences.
- Three (3) years’ experience in labour market program delivery.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
The salary range for this position is from $46.85 per hour to $55.93 per hour (approximately $91,358 - $109,064) plus an annual Northern Allowance of $3,450.
Eligibility lists may be created from this competition to fill future term and indeterminate positions.
Criminal Records Check
Candidates must provide a satisfactory criminal record check. Failure to provide a satisfactory check may deem you disqualified from the competition.
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is an inclusive workplace. If you have a disability and you require support during the hiring process, you are encouraged to identify your needs if you are contacted for an assignment or interview so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Job Opening Information
Job Opening ID # 14927
Closing Date: December 13, 2017 - 23:59, Mountain Standard Time
Management and Recruitment Services
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
Yellowknife Centre 5th Floor
P.O. Box 1320, Yellowknife NT X1A 2L9
Fax: (867) 873-0445