French ImmersionTeacher - Term
Open until filled
Department: Beaufort Delta DEC
Job Code: 14918
Wage: See "Salary Information" below.
About the Job
The Beaufort-Delta Education Council actively promotes:
- Awareness of and sensitivity to cultural diversity and heritage
- Student success and achievement
- Integration of computer based learning technology into classrooms
- Outcome based instruction and assessment
- Sustained commitment to Literacy and Numeracy
- Working creatively and collaboratively with a variety of partners in education
- Strong communication, interpersonal and team building skills
Candidates require the completion of a Bachelor of Education Degree and be eligible for a Northwest Territories Teaching Certificate.
The following criteria will be important considerations in the hiring process:
- Bi-lingual French and English
- Excellent classroom management skills
- Knowledge of, or willingness to become familiar with, the prescribed NWT curricula
- Prepare to implement play based curriculum as a program of studies
- Training in Literacy and Numeracy
- Differentiated Instruction
- Experience in multi-grade classrooms
- Strong background in Elementary teaching particularly in a Northern environment
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Criminal Records Check
Candidates must provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector check if they are contacted for an interview. Failure to provide a satisfactory check may deem you disqualified from the competition.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is a workplace that is open to all Northerners. If you currently have a disability and if you require accommodation you are encouraged to identify your needs so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Job Opening Information
Job Opening ID # 14918 or BDEC-2017-82
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Beaufort Delta Education Council
Bag Service #12
Inuvik, NT X0E 0T0
Phone: (867) 777-7136
The salary for this position starts at approximately $78,600 to $126,897 per annum plus an annual Northern Allowance based on the NWTTA Collective Agreement.
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.