Territorial Specialist, Oral Health Care
Closing date: Nov 24, 2017
Department: Northwest Territories HSSA
Job Code: 14842
Salary: $95,589 - $114,134
Job Description: View full job description
About the Job
The Northwest Territories Health and Social Services Authority (NTHSSA) offers challenging and exciting careers in health and social services delivery and administration in Canada’s North. The Territorial Authority has service locations in communities across the territory and a staff of more than 1,600 serving over 43,000 residents of the NWT and 5,900 residents of the Kitikmeot Region of Nunavut. Challenging work, welcoming communities, and expanded opportunities are some of the benefits offered to employees of the NTHSSA.
Reporting directly to the Territorial Manager,Allied Health, the Territorial Specialist, Oral health Care will be called upon to address a variety of issues on a daily basis. These can range from addressing ’ complaints, providing briefing notes to the Director of Health Services, providing advice and direction to other Territorial Leads, Territorial Specialists, and Regional Managers, and representing the NTHSSA in meetings, or conferences.This position will have 7 direct reports.
The incumbent will provide leadership, training, planning and support to the following NTHSSA programs under this portfolio:
- Dental Therapy
- Dental Hygienists
- Oral Health Services
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A good working knowledge of program management.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with individuals, agencies, elected community leaders, and employees in order to communicate program information, including the ability to obtain and respond to feedback from these individuals.
- A high level of interpersonal skills including effective communication, coaching and motivation is essential in order to manage the human resources assigned to the position so human resources performance is at optimal capacity and assisting staff and stakeholders to accept change.
- Ability to apply creative and innovative approaches to policies and health to meet territorial needs.
- Thorough knowledge of administrative policies and practices to territorial systems.
- Knowledge of how to design and facilitate a change process. The ability to build and work with groups and teams, planning and implementing change; skilled in group dynamics and conflict resolution.
- Ability to build solid partnerships and strategic alliances based on trust and to work with a variety of people from different backgrounds and personalities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including listening, observing, identifying and reporting.
- Knowledge and ability to use a variety of intervention and prevention methods, and determine which method is most appropriate at any given time.
- Must have excellent organizational, time management, analytical, facilitation, and presentation skills to manage multi-disciplinary responsibilities in a timely and effective manner.
- Must have a working knowledge of total quality management or continuous quality improvement processes.
- Working knowledge of continuous quality improvement processes.
- Ability to understand and apply the principles of labor relations and processes.
- Must be computer literate with word processing programs and spreadsheets.
Typically, the above qualifications would be attained by:
The above knowledge and skills are most commonly acquired through a Baccalaureate of Health Related Field plus ten (10) years recent experience of a clinical health care setting.
This job opening is limited to residents living within Northwest Territories.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
The salary range for this position is from $49.02 per hour to $58.53 per hour (approximately $95,589 - $114,134.) plus an annual Northern Allowance of $3,450
Criminal Records Check
Candidates must provide a satisfactory criminal record check. Failure to provide a satisfactory check may deem you disqualified from the competition.
Eligibility lists may be created from this competition to fill future term and indeterminate positions.
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is an inclusive workplace. If you have a disability and you require support during the hiring process, you are encouraged to identify your needs if you are contacted for an assignment or interview so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Job Opening Information
Job Opening ID # 14842
Closing Date: November 24,2017- 23:59, Mountain Standard Time
Management and Recruitment Services
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
Yellowknife Centre 5th Floor
P.O. Box 1320, Yellowknife NT X1A 2L9
Fax: (867) 873-0445