Grade 6/7 Teacher - Mangilaluk School
Closing date: Dec 9, 2017
Department: Beaufort Delta DEC
Job Code: 14838
Wage: See "Salary Information" below.
About the Job
The Beaufort Delta Education Council actively promotes:
• Awareness of and sensitivity to cultural diversity and heritage
• Use of data to inform decisions to improve student success and achievement
• Integration of computer based learning technology into the classrooms
• Outcome based instruction and assessment
• Sustained commitment to Literacy and Numeracy
• Working creatively and collaboratively with a variety of partners in education
• Strong communication, interpersonal and team building skills
Candidates must have or be completing a Bachelor of Education Degree and be eligible for a Northwest Territories Teaching Certificate.
The following criteria will be important considerations in the hiring process:
• Strong background in Junior High Education and teaching in the core subject areas of English Language Arts, Math, Science and Social Studies
• Recent teaching experience
• Excellent classroom management skills
• Knowledge of, or commitment to become knowledgeable of the prescribed NWT Curricula in Language Arts and related areas
• Experience using data to inform instructional decisions
• Training in Literacy and Numeracy
• Experience in multi-grade classrooms using Differentiated Instruction
• Understanding of and experience in the integration of technology into classroom instruction
This job opening is for a 1 Year Term
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Salary is pro-rated dependent on verified education and experience (ranging from $78,600 to $126,897 per annum) plus an annual pro-rated Northern Allowance based on the NWTTA Collective Agreement.
Criminal Records Check
A Criminal Records Check must accompany your resume to be considered.
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is an inclusive workplace. If you have a disability and you require support during the hiring process, you are encouraged to identify your needs if you are contacted for an assignment or interview so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.