Medical Billing Clerk - LIMITED
Closing date: Oct 20, 2017
Department: Northwest Territories HSSA
Job Code: 14778
Salary: $62,946 - $75,153
Job Description: View full job description
About the Job
This job opening is limited to residents living within 25 kilometres of Inuvik, NT
The Authority administers health and social services to the approximately 7,500 residents of the Beaufort-Delta region in the Northwest Territories. The Authority directly and contractually employs over 300 staff who delivers these services in 8 communities across the vast geographic area of the region. The Authority provides and supports the delivery of services to adults and children on an inpatient, outpatient and outreach basis through the Inuvik Regional Hospital (the Hospital), a 47 inpatient bed accredited facility; seven community health centers; and fourteen other sites, including social services and dental therapy offices, a public health clinic, and various group homes. The annual operating budget for the Authority is in excess of $50 million.
Reporting to the Manager of Finance, the nature of the work allows the position to work independently, scheduling their daily tasks and work methods while reporting progress and/or problem issues beyond their scope to the Supervisor. The position is the primary contact person for both internal and external personnel, in regards to all aspects of medical billing.
The position is responsible for the submission of all claims and shadow billing to the Territorial Health insured Services (THIS) and other third party agencies including WCB, the federal government, insurance agencies and individuals. The position must work closely with other NTHSSA departments, to ensure claims are submitted accurately and in a timely manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of computers and applications, including spreadsheets, accounting programs, communications programs, work processing, database applications and mainframe and/or online systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of Financial Administration acts and policies, business processes and medical billing policies and practices for health related organizations.
- Knowledge of accounting theory including analysis and reconciliation processes.
- Knowledge of medical diagnosis and coding an asset.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in software applications as listed above.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a finance team.
- Organization skills, time management skills, prioritizing skills.
- Ability and aptitude to deal with the public in a positive manner in sometimes stressful situations.
TYPICALLY, THE ABOVE QUALIFICATIONS WOULD BE ATTAINED BY:
Completion of a 2 year diploma program in Business Administration or Accounting or a diploma in Health information.
Certification in Medical Terminology
Previous finance/accounting/medical billing related and relevant experience (1 year).
Experience in a physician fee for service environment of health records environment would be an asset.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
The salary for this position starts at $32.28 per hour (approximately $62,946.00 per annum) plus an annual Northern Allowance.
Eligibility lists may be created from this competition to fill future term and indeterminate positions.
Criminal Records Check
Candidates must provide a satisfactory criminal record check. Failure to provide a satisfactory check may deem you disqualified from the competition.
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is an inclusive workplace. If you have a disability and you require support during the hiring process, you are encouraged to identify your needs if you are contacted for an assignment or interview so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Job Opening Information
Job Opening ID # 14778
Closing Date: October 20, 2017 - 23:59, Mountain Standard Time
Inuvik HR Client Service Centre
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
66 Franklin Manor
INUVIK, NT X0E 0T0
Ph. (867) 678-6600
Fax (867) 678-6620