Client Service Manager
Closing date: Oct 20, 2017
Department: FIN MRS Human Resource Serv
Job Code: 14753
Salary: $104,618 - $124,898
Job Description: View full job description
About the Job
The Department of Finance has the mandate to provide leadership and direction to the public service in all areas of finance and human resource management. This mandate includes negotiating major financial arrangements with the federal government, providing analysis and advice to the Financial Management Board, and ensuring that financial and information resources are managed effectively, efficiently and economically. This mandate also includes the recruitment and retention of a competent public service that is representative of the people it serves and the development of programs and services that effectively serve the human resource needs of the public service
The position provides senior advice, strategic analysis, planning and support services to Deputy Ministers and department, board or agency senior management in the areas of strategic human resource management, recruitment, labour relations, human resource planning, performance management, employee recognition, and employee development. The position also ensures the effective delivery of human resource transactional services to support the recruitment and retention of a qualified and capable public service in the Yellowknife service area as outlined in established GNWT Acts, regulations, guidelines, policies, procedures, service agreements and applicable Collective Agreements.
Critical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven client service orientation.
- Proven ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, with senior managers, technical staff, and other employees.
- Proven and seasoned human relation skills consistent with the need to supervise employees and to provide effective human management of those employees.
- Proven organizational and time management skills.
- Proven knowledge of Acts, Regulations, and procedures applicable to human resource management.
- Proven analytical and research skills.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of human resource services within a unionized, public service context.
- Proven negotiation skills to resolve conflicts in a manner which best serves both the GNWT and the employee.
- Proven understanding of the GNWT's organization, environment, culture, and business strategies with the ability to understand, recognize and/or anticipate concerns or problems that will ultimately affect the GNWT's ability to attract, retain and motivate employees.
Typically, the above qualifications would be attained by:
This is normally obtained through a relevant Bachelor degree coupled with 6 years of advancing responsibilities in a relevant field, including at least 3 years as a human resource generalist and 1 year of recent supervisory experience.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
The salary for this position starts at $53.65 per hour (approximately $104,618. per annum) plus an annual Northern Allowance of $3,450.
Eligibility lists may be created from this competition to fill future term and indeterminate positions.
Criminal Records Check
Candidates must provide a satisfactory criminal record check. Failure to provide a satisfactory check may deem you disqualified from the competition.
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is an inclusive workplace. If you have a disability and you require support during the hiring process, you are encouraged to identify your needs if you are contacted for an assignment or interview so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Job Opening Information
Job Opening ID # 14753
Closing Date: October 20, 2017 - 23:59, Mountain Daylight Time
Management and Recruitment Services
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
Yellowknife Centre 5th Floor
P.O. Box 1320, Yellowknife NT X1A 2L9
Fax: (867) 873-0445
Transfer Assignments may be considered.