Kindergarten Teacher - Term
Open until filled
Department: Beaufort Delta DEC
Job Code: 14741
Wage: See "Salary Information" below.
About the Job
The Beaufort Delta Education Council actively promotes:
- Awareness of and sensitivity to cultural diversity and heritage
- Use of data to make informed decisions to improve student success and achievement
- Integration of computer based learning technology into classrooms
- Outcome based instruction and assessment
- Sustained commitment to Literacy and Numeracy
- Working creatively and collaboratively with a variety of partners in education
- Strong communication, interpersonal and team building skills
Candidates must have or be completing a Bachelor of Education Degree and be eligible for a Northwest Territories Teaching Certificate
The following criteria will be important considerations in the hiring process:
- Strong background in Elementary teaching, particularly in a Northern environment
- Excellent classroom management skills
- Knowledge of, or willingness to become familiar with, the prescribed NWT Curricula
- Prepare to implement play-based curriculum as a program of studies
- Training in Literacy and Numeracy
- Differentiated Instruction
- Experience in multi-grade classrooms
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Criminal Records Check
Candidates must provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector check if they are contacted for an interview. Failure to provide a satisfactory check may deem you disqualified from the competition.
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
Priority for Northwest Territories Teachers' Association positions shall be granted as follows:
- Priority 1: Teachers on approved leave;
- Priority 2: Teachers who have received official lay-off notice;
- Priority 3: Indigenous Aboriginal Persons;
- Priority 4: Indigenous Non-Aboriginal or Resident Disabled Person;
- Priority 5: Indeterminate Teachers eligible for Transfer or Promotion and not included in Priorities 3 & 4;
- Priority 6: Term teachers not included in Priorities 3 & 4;
- Priority 7: NWT Resident Teachers not employed by the GNWT or included in Priorities 3 & 4;
- Priority 8: Teachers who are not residents of the NWT and who are not included in Priorities.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is an inclusive workplace. If you have a disability and you require support during the hiring process, you are encouraged to identify your needs if you are contacted for an assignment or interview so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Job Opening Information
Job Opening ID # 14741 or BDEC-2017-77
Closing Date: Open until filled
Only complete resumes including cover letters will be accepted.
Apply to: Beaufort Delta Education Council Bag 12, Inuvik, NT X0E 0T0
Salary is dependent on verified education and experience (ranging from $78,600 to $126.897 per annum) plus an annual Northern Allowance based on the NWTTA Collective Agreement.
This job opening is for October 2, 2017 to June 28, 2018
Eligible for a Northwest Territories Teaching Certification is mandatory for this position
Eligibility lists may be created from this competition to fill future term and indeterminate positions.