Tourism Development Officer
Open until filled
Department: ITI Tourism
Job Code: 14618
Salary: $83,363 - $99,509
Job Description: View full job description
About the Job
The Department of Industry, Tourism and Investment (ITI) works through wide-ranging partnerships and initiatives to deliver quality programs and services that promote and support economic development, diversification and prosperity in the interest of Northwest Territories residents – their businesses and communities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Obtains and maintain a Class 5 driver’s license.
- Knowledge of the NWT Travel and Tourism Act and Regulations.
- Knowledge and experience in implementing and evaluating product promotion and marketing strategies.
- Knowledge & experience in budgeting and expense tracking and reporting.
- Skill and ability to communicate and deal effectively with the public and other industry professionals both public and private.
- Skills and ability to manage staff of the visitor centre operations.
- Skills and ability to deliver tourism based orientation and training courses.
- Skill and ability to deliver tourism based orientation and training courses.
- Experience with a computer based work processor, spreadsheet, electronic mail and electronic filing systems.
Typically, the above qualifications would be attained by:
This level of knowledge is commonly acquired through a degree or diploma in business administration with a focus on marketing and/or product development in the service industry. This would be coupled with at least two years of experience in the field. An equivalency would involve four post secondary product development and tourism marketing courses with at least four years of direct related industry experience.
The incumbent will obtain and maintain a Class 5 driver’s license.
The incumbent must successfully pass a Criminal Records Check.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Eligibility lists may be created from this competition to fill future term and indeterminate positions.
Criminal Records Check
Candidates must provide a satisfactory criminal record check. Failure to provide a satisfactory check may deem you disqualified from the competition.
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is an inclusive workplace. If you have a disability and you require support during the hiring process, you are encouraged to identify your needs if you are contacted for an assignment or interview so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Job Opening Information
Job Opening ID #14618
Closing Date: Opened Until Filled.
The salary for this position starts at $42.75 per hour (approximately $83,362.50 per annum) plus an annual Northern Allowance of $14,131.00.
Inuvik HR Client Service Centre
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
66 Franklin Manor
INUVIK, NT X0E 0T0
Ph. (867) 678-6600
Fax (867) 678-6620