Expression of Interest - Executive Secretary
Closing date: Jun 30, 2017
Department: ECE DM, Ed,Culture & Employ
Job Code: 14453
Salary: $62,946 - $75,153
Job Description: View full job description
About the Job
This Job Opening is limited to employees with the GNWT/WSCC in indeterminate and term positions.
This Administrative position reports to two Assistant Deputy Ministers, Advanced Education and Income Security & Education and Culture Branches. The incumbent is responsible for administrative services for the Branches, including all correspondence and documents received for the Assistant Deputy Ministers. Documents are then forwarded to appropriate Directors and Superintendents for response. The incumbent manages the flow of paper to the Directors' secretaries and tracks all branches' activities. The incumbent deals with the public, other departments, Aboriginal organizations, Headquarters and regional staff and non-government organizations.
The Knowledge, Skills and Abilities for this position include:
- Senior Secretarial skills and knowledge.
- Thorough knowledge of NWT communities, regions and cultures.
- Tact and diplomacy and ability to work with highly confidential material.
- Drafting of correspondence.
- Good communication skills.
- Understanding of Government of the NWT procedures, educational structures, aboriginal organizations.
- Knowledge of computer programs (e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, electronic mail applications).
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict timelines.
- High School Diploma.
- Good knowledge of MS Word and Word Perfect for Windows Computer Program.
- Secretarial Certificate or at least 5 years’ experience working in a senior administrative office.
- Must have Dictaphone transcribing capabilities and fast, accurate, typing skills (60-80 wpm).
Typically, the above qualifications would be attained by:
Office Administration Certificate in Secretarial Arts and 5 years’ experience working in a senior administrative office.
The Department of Education, Culture and Employment (ECE) provides the residents of the Northwest Territories with access to quality programs, services and support to assist them in making informed and productive choices for themselves and their families with regard to education, training, careers, employment and labour, child development, languages, culture and heritage.
This job opening is for a one (1) year term.
Job Opening Information
Job Opening ID # 14453
Closing Date: June 30, 2017 - 23:59, Mountain Standard Time
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
The salary range for this position is from $32.28 per hour to $38.54 per hour (approximately $62,946 - $75,153) plus an annual Northern Allowance of $3,450.
Criminal Records Check
Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal records check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is an inclusive workplace. If you have a disability and you require support during the hiring process, you are encouraged to identify your needs if you are contacted for an assignment or interview so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Management and Recruitment Services
Department of Human Resources
Government of the Northwest Territories
Yellowknife Centre 5th Floor
P.O. Box 1320, Yellowknife NT X1A 2L9
Fax: (867) 873-0445