Diagnostic Imaging Team Lead
Closing date: Apr 29, 2017
Department: BDHSSA Diagnostic Imaging
Job Code: 14215
Salary: $87,263 - $104,208
Job Description: View full job description
About the Job
The Territorial Health and Social Services Authority (THSSA) works under the direction of the Minister of Health and Social Services, in partnership with the Deputy Minister, Health and Social Services and the Health and Social Services regions, to support the health and wellbeing of people across the Northwest Territories through planning, development, deliver, evaluation and reporting on program and service delivery.
THSSA is committed to the development and provision of quality services in such a way as to make the best use of public resources, ensure the sustainability of the system, focus on client safety and best practices and promote positive health and social outcomes. THSSA strives to continually improve the health and social service system to ensure best health, best care, and a better future for the people of the NWT.
Our mission is to work with people to optimize wellbeing through the provision of collaborative and culturally appropriate health and social services.
The Beaufort-Delta Region administers all regional health and social services delivered through the Inuvik Regional Hospital (IRH), an accredited facility, seven community health centers; and fourteen sites, including a public health clinic, and elders facility, social services and dental therapy offices, and various group homes. The Beaufort-Delta Region provides and supports the delivery of health care services to adults and children on an inpatient, outpatient and outreach basis in order to enhance health community well-being through excellence, accountability and respect for regional diversity.
Located within the IRH and reporting directly to the Manager of Health Services the incumbent utilizes x-ray and mammography equipment to produce high quality images required by the Radiologist to complete accurate diagnosis of patients. In addition, the incumbent oversees the delivery of radiological services through one Medical Radiological/Mammography Technologist, one Sonographer.
The DI Team Lead coordinates the daily flow of patients through the department with the Clerk Receptionist, Medical Radiological/Mammography Technologist, and the Sonographer. This includes reviewing schedules, booking add-ons and ensuring adequate staff are available for all procedures. The DI handled approximately 6000 exams per year, of which 1500 are ultrasounds. Clients/patients of the DI are referred by Physicians.
As there is no Radiologist permanently located in Inuvik the incumbent works closely with the local Physicians to ensure the consistency and quality of all x-rays, mammograms and ultrasounds produced within the IRH.
The incumbent manages all operation of the Picture Archiving Communication System (PACS) and Radiological Information System (RIS), and troubleshoots all machines and processing problems, as well as coordinates the preventative maintenance on contracted equipment.
The DI Team Lead may provide functional expertise to nurses within seven communities in the Beaufort-Delta region during the production of basic x-rays (extremities and chests) in the communities. This may require occasional visits to individual communities to provide hands on training or assessment.
Within the DI all Radiological Technologists will be required to provide on-call coverage on a rotational basis during the evening and weekends to provide x-rays. Supervisor is expected to perform when needed x-rays, mammography and ECG exam coverage.
Critical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A seasoned knowledge of radiology and an ability to effectively use varied types of diagnostic equipment required to produce quality images for diagnosis of the patient by a Radiologist.
- The DI Team Lead must have an extensive knowledge of quality control process in order to control, troubleshoot and repair equipment as necessary and to do QC testing as required.
- A seasoned knowledge of and an ability to efficiently operate a PACS IRIS.
- Knowledge of education principles related to adult learners required to develop and deliver subject specific training and development.
- An ability to operate desktop computers in order to produce written documents, assess and manipulate information within spreadsheets and databases, conduct research over the internet and send/or receive electronic mail.
- The incumbent must be able to communicate effectively. This includes being able to get one’s point across to both medical and non-medical individuals.
- The incumbent must be aware of the importance of confidentiality and privacy and be able to keep personal medical information private and confidential at all times.
Typically, the above qualifications would be attained by:
- Successful completion of an accredited Radiology program,
- 5 years related radiology experience,
- mammography experience, and
- registration with the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT)
This job opening is for a 1 Year Term
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
Criminal Records Check
Candidates must provide a satisfactory criminal record check. Failure to provide a satisfactory check may deem you disqualified from the competition.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is an inclusive workplace. If you have a disability and you require support during the hiring process, you are encouraged to identify your needs if you are contacted for an assignment or interview so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Eligibility lists may be created from this competition to fill future term and indeterminate positions.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Inuvik Client Service Centre
GNWT Human Resources
66 Franklin Manor
INUVIK, NT X0E 0T0
Ph. (867) 678-6600
Fax (867) 678-6620
Job Opening Information
Job Opening ID # 14215
Closing Date: April 29, 2017- 23:59, Mountain Standard Time
The salary for this position starts at $44.75 per hour (approximately $87,263. per annum) plus an annual Northern Allowance of $14,131