Complete Application Page
Once you have uploaded your resume (and filled in “My Profile” pages), eRecruit will open the “Complete Application” page.
On this page you can:
- View the job you are applying on by clicking on the Job Title;
- View your Cover Letter and Resume document by selecting the icon;
- Enter References (Not Mandatory)
If you would like to supply your reference names at this point, you can do so by selecting the “Add Reference” link. These are usually requested by the Human Resource Representative at Interviews and are NOT MANDATORY at application. If you do provide references at this point, the GNWT requires that references include your Current and 2 Previous Supervisors.
- Answer Basic Eligibility Questions (Mandatory)
Yes/No questions for the Job Opening that include eligibility to work in the NWT and any bonafide requirements of the job. Answering NO to any of these questions may mean that you are ineligible to be considered for the job opening.
- Enter Referral Information (Mandatory)
Enter where you first heard about this Job Opening. This helps Human Resources ensure that the Advertizing that we are doing is effective and will inform future competitions.
To serve you better through eRecruit, we also need to know if you are a former employee.
If you are a former employee, click “Yes” and fill in the last date of employment (the date can be approximate if you don’t know the exact date).
Once all of the information is completed on this page, select .
If you have not completed all of the required fields, an error message will direct you to fill in the outstanding required information.
If you have completed all of the required fields, the Submit Online Application page will open. This is the last page of the application.
On this page, you need to READ the descriptions of the Self Identification Categories. You will need to select ALL THAT APPLY.
Self Identification Categories include Affirmative Action and other important information about yourself that HR requires. Some of these categories give applicants priority status on certain job openings.
- SELECT your Gender by Choosing the *Gender: drop down box and selecting Male or Female.
- SELECT all the Self Identification Categories that apply to you.
In some cases, more than one description will be appropriate. Applicants should choose all that apply. Priority status can then be determined as appropriate to each of the different types of competitions.
To Select the Self Identification Categories:
- click on the Self Identification drop down box ;
- select an applicable self identification category;
- once selected, confirm your selection is listed in your Self Identification box;
- if any additional categories apply, select Add Self Identification and add another category, as above.
- Add categories until all that apply are listed.
Please note: In some cases, more than one description will be appropriate. Applicants should choose all that apply. Priority status can then be determined as appropriate to each of the different types of competitions.
- READ the Terms of Agreements Section;
- If you agree to the terms of agreement listed, click "I agree to these terms"; and
- Select . If you do not Select “I agree to these terms” you will not be able to Apply.
Once you have applied, you will be brought back to the "My Applications" page and will see that your status for that job is "Applied". You will also receive an email notification that your application was received.
Important: If your application status is anything other than Applied, you may not have completed the application. Follow the above steps again to ensure you properly submit the application. If you do NOT properly submit your application, you will not be considered as having applied on the job opening.